Russian Hill I Summit Walk (Vallejo Crest) – Reference Sources
- George Lucas and Roy Fidler, The Summit of Russian Hill, A Self-Guided Walking Tour, San Francisco, CA, Russian Hill Neighbors. This guide is available from Russian Hill Neighbors and was the starting point for development of this walk. It was supplemented by information from the following sources.
- National Register of Historic Places Inventory – Nomination Form, Russian Hill/Vallejo Street Crest District, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Heritage Conservation and Recreation District, 1987.
- William Kostura, Russian Hill: The Summit, 1853-1906, Volume 1 of a Neighborhood History, San Francisco, CA: Aerie Publications, 1997. This books contains exceptional detail on history, architecture, and people on the Summit up to the earthquake and fire. This is the first of several books by the author about Russian Hill.
- The Junior League of San Francisco, Here Today, San Francisco’s Archtectural Heritage, Chronicle Press, 1968.
- Adah Bakalinsky, Stairway Walks of San Francisco, Berkeley, CA: Wilderness Press, 1995.
- Randolph Delehanty, San Francisco, The Ultimate Guide, San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Press, 1995.