August 1, 2020
• We are pleased to have six participants in the Parks Committee.
2. Slow Streets Initiative
• We are available to work with any board members to facilitate any street modification
3. August Parks Inventory
• Purpose To inventory the parks, playgrounds and green streets in our neighborhood and
• Ownership & maintenance responsibility.
• Current level of maintenance.
• Quality of landscaping and plant types.
• Quality of furnishings including benches, fencing, and signage.
4. Monthly Park Cleanups
• Starting in September we would like to initiate a series of informal park cleanups. This would
involve small groups of local residents conducting clean-ups. We would maintain social distancing protocols.
5. Joint Efforts
• We continue to work with the Neighborhood Enhancement Committee on the issue of
litter in the neighborhood.
6. Parklets/Parking Day
• Parking Day is September 20, 2020
• We are available to advise the Board or any business owners on parklets on Hyde or Polk.