Dear Members, Merchants and Friends,
It’s resolution-making time and I thought I would offer a few for your consideration:
- Create and or maintain by regular practice an emergency preparedness plan for your family, building or immediate neighborhood.
- Introduce yourself to everyone on your block. Resiliency studies show that cohesive communities are the most successful in surviving disasters and their aftermath.
- Make a donation to the Francisco Park Conservancy and help this wonderful open space become a reality this year.
- Shop local.
- Use the 311 App to document, report and track the results of reporting neighborhood eyesores, filth or dangerous conditions.
- Join in an RHN neighborhood clean-up day, or if that’s not convenient, schedule your own block clean-up with neighbors. It is fun and builds community!
- Send an email or a letter to your Supervisor or head of a City Agency stating a concern you would like addressed. If you don’t receive a response, be persistent until you do.
- Attend a Russian Hill Neighbors social event and make new friends.
- Join an RHN committee.
- Renew your RHN membership, or become a member if you are not already one!
On behalf of the RHN Board of Directors, I wish you a joyous and productive New Year.
Carol Ann Rogers