Here is an update as of Friday, February 22 from PG&E:
- The old lights will be disconnected next Tuesday, February 26 (turned off) – Weather permitting. They will not be taken off the poles as of yet. We will do that in a couple of weeks. The old lights had to be replaced as they are old and are about to fall off the poles. Both the lights and the equipment are so old that we can’t replace the equipment. – i.e. Reason for new lights.
- The New lights we are getting new light bulbs as we know the ones that are currently are very bright and we are getting ones that are a little softer. We have ordered them from the manufactory and should be in in the next month or so. Then they will be changed out. Some of the lights have not been installed so they will just be installed with the lights that are on order. The SF PUC picks the lights and the light quality as they are the customer on record with PG&E.
- The project should be completed in the next couple of months with all lights completed.
- The update the LED streetlight upgrade is not part of this project – the cobra head lights that were upgraded off of Union Street questions should go to StreetLightReplacement@pge.com
- We have seen that someone has tampered with a couple of the lights – this is very dangerous and you can be electrocuted if you tamper or cut the wrong wire. Please do not touch the wires or lights. These are owned by the City of San Francisco. It is against the law to tamper with these lights.
- You are welcome to contact me Jodi Blasquez with any other questions regarding the lights on Union Street. 415 973 0066 or Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply