Dear Neighbors and Friends,
On the evening of December 8, 2020 Russian Hill Neighbors held a Zoom call with District Attorney Chesa Boudin and his Chief of Staff David Campos. This was the second meeting sponsored by RHN in our goal of Creating a Safer Neighborhood Together. Boudin discussed his plans for the office, programs in progress and issues his office is currently addressing. Both Boudin and Campos also answered questions submitted in advance by registrants. Their remarks included:
- A review of crime trends, how they have changed from last year and how his office is prosecuting criminals;
- The challenges that COVID presents including the shutdown of jury trials, the outbreaks in prisons, and how the pandemic is changing the types of crimes we see;
- How the DA office collaborates with other justice partners;
- The challenges the DA and the City face in lowering crime, including budget constraints;
- What people can do to advocate for increased allocation of resources to reduce crime;
- And the value of security cameras in the solving and prosecution of crimes.
To hear the entire conversation, click here.
DA Boudin also shared links to the San Francisco crime rates from the police department. Find the crime data dashboard here and the crime data clearance rates dashboard here.
Thank you to all who attended and especially to DA Boudin and Chief of Staff Campos for taking time to address these important issues with us. Additional thanks go to Board Member Matthew Mansfield for moderating and to our Treasurer Joyce Kucharvy for her technical support.
Please let us know your suggestions for future meetings on how to work together to create a safer neighborhood here on Russian Hill. Consider volunteering to join RHN’s Safety Committee. Email your thoughts and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In past Decembers, we have gathered at RHN’s Annual Holiday Party. Although that is not possible this year, we look forward to celebrating this treasured tradition together next year. Meanwhile, please know how important each of you are to RHN. Thank you for your membership and for your many efforts to preserve and enhance our wonderful neighborhood.
Carol Ann Rogers
Leave a Reply